- Supported image formats are JPG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, BMP, and WEBP
- Transparent PNGs are fully supported
- Animated GIFs have limited support as they are not intended for use in video editing
- There is no file size limit
- Images can be uploaded from your computer or imported from Facebook, Flickr, SmugMug, Photobucket, DropBox, Picasa or Instagram.
- For the best quality videos, we recommend that images are sized to 1024x768 pixels or greater. If you intend on creating a 1080p video, we recommend using photos that are 2 megapixels or more.
- Lower resolution images may look blurry if you finish your video to a higher resolution or view it in full-screen mode.
You can use several video formats and codecs with WeVideo. However, there are many different video file types that use proprietary encoding formats, so you won't know if WeVideo supports your particular clip or not until you try uploading. Video captured by some digital cameras and camcorders may require conversion prior to upload.
The file extensions that currently work with WeVideo include: .3GP, .3GPP, .AVI, .DIVX, .DV, .FLV, .M4V, .MJPEG, .MKV, .MOD, .MOV, .MP4, .MPEG, .MPG, .M2TS, .MTS, .MXF, .OGV, .WEBM and .WMV
Video clip uploads do not have a file size limit. However, please keep in mind that the storage allocated to your account is limited and longer videos of lower resolution, or shorter videos of higher resolution will take up more space.
If you plan on finishing your video in HD, we recommend using video clips that are at least 1280x720 pixels at 24fps.
Keep in mind that the videos you upload to WeVideo should accommodate for the widescreen aspect ratio. If you shoot in portrait mode on your camera, expect to see black bars on the left and right side of the frame. If possible, always shoot video in landscape mode.
The following audio file format extensions are supported: .AIF, .MP3, .M4A, .OGG, .WAV and .WMA