To use WeVideo, you'll need a web browser that can handle the required HTML5 technologies utilized by the editor. The HTML5 version of the editor only supports English at this time. WeVideo currently supports these browsers:
In addition to the browser requirement, your device must have the following specifications:
- Hardware Accelerated WebGL must be supported.
- If you receive an error message, navigate to chrome://gpu in Chrome to troubleshoot.
- If you have a display driver older than 2010, a simple driver update should resolve your issue.
- For the best performance on Chromebook devices, more than 1 GB of RAM is required.
- Devices running on an Nvidia Tegra K1 chipset may have a slower experience.
- To access WeVideo on your mobile device, download the WeVideo app from the Google Play Store or the App Store.
Since WeVideo is a cloud-based app, you'll need a stable Internet connection to use it. It's a good idea to consider internet provider speeds in mind when uploading large or multiple assets at once. If you have multiple simultaneous users on the same network, it is recommended to have enough bandwidth to provide each user with at least 1 Mbps upstream and downstream speeds to prevent a slow editing experience.
Attached to this article is a PDF that you can send to your network specialist.